Twisting on the floor
Twisting on the floor is an excellent choice for those who, for some reason, cannot visit the gym, and do not want to miss a workout.
Twisting on the floor does not differ in its effect from other twisting options, and besides, they do not require any special conditions or simulators for their implementation. All you need to have in any apartment is a flat and clean floor.
We emphasize that twisting on the floor will not replace a full-fledged workout for the press for an experienced athlete: the impossibility of fixing the body, the absence of additional (other than body weight) load will not allow to fully load the muscles. But as a substitute for maintaining shape, they are quite suitable. And for beginners, it will be the main exercise not only at home, but also in the gym.
By performing any abdominal exercises, you will improve not only the condition and appearance of your abdomen, but also strengthen the protection of the lower back from injuries as a result of various loads.
Technique for performing twists performed on the floor
Like any other exercise, twisting on the floor will only benefit if it is performed technically correctly, and this just happens far from always. Despite the apparent simplicity, this exercise requires a careful and thoughtful approach.
Correct execution technique:
1. Lie on the floor, keep your arms crossed on your chest or stretch them along the body, bend your knees so that the soles of your feet rest on the floor. Look at the ceiling. This is the starting position.
2. Inhale, and holding your breath, tensing the abdominal muscles, raise your head and shoulders, making a twisting movement. Pause at the top of the movement and tighten your abdominal muscles even more, then, as you exhale, slowly return to the starting position.
3. In the starting position, relax the abdominal muscles, and then perform the next repetition.
It is important:
The main mistake when performing twists is the desire to tear your back off the floor as high as possible and touch your knees with your body. Such an exercise does not primarily load the press, but the lower back. And it is fraught with injury. Your task is to tear off the upper back, try to round it as much as possible. It feels like the desire to touch the bottom of the pectoral muscles of the upper press cubes.
When twisting the body, do not bend the neck, this is fraught with injury to the cervical vertebrae. This is also facilitated by holding hands behind the head. It would be more correct for them to be located either crossed on the chest, or lying along the body on the floor. As a last resort, you can indicate touch by holding them near the temples.
Holding your breath while moving increases the effectiveness of the exercise.
Perform the exercise at a moderate pace and without jerking.
Go down until your head touches the floor, relax your abdominal muscles, and only then do the next repetition.
- Twisting on a Roman chair
- Twisting on a bench with an inclination down
- Twisting on the upper block
- Reverse crunches
- Oblique twists
- rectus abdominis
- oblique abdominal muscles
- Hanging leg raises
- Tilts to the side
Article protected by copyright and related rights. When using and reprinting the material, an active link to the healthy lifestyle portal hnb.com.ua is required!