Stretching the groin and pelvis in a sitting position. Part 1
This set of exercises is designed to stretch the groin area, pelvis and back of the thighs and is performed in a sitting position.
The following exercises facilitate transverse limb movements, help develop and maintain body flexibility, and reduce the possibility of injury. I propose to gradually master these types of stretch marks, intended mainly for the central part of the body.
Groin and pelvic stretch
This exercise allows you to stretch the muscles of the inner thighs and pelvis.
1. Sit on the floor and spread your legs apart to a comfortable distance for you. This is the starting position.
2. Slowly lean your body forward, it is important that the movement starts from the hips, until you feel a stretch (See picture). Hold the stretch for 10-20 seconds.
It is important:
In order not to lose balance during the exercise, put your hands in front of you or grab them for some kind of support.
While doing the exercise, do not hold your breath, take deep breaths.
Pay attention to the condition of the quadriceps femoris, during the stretch they should be relaxed.
The legs should lie completely on the floor, and the feet should look vertically up.
When bending forward, do not round your back, bending at the waist, and do not tilt your head down. Otherwise, an unwanted load falls on the lower back, and the hips turn to the sides, which reduces the effectiveness of this exercise.
Exercise to loosen the muscles of the lower back and hips
If, with all your efforts, you cannot avoid bending in the lower back, then this means that your muscles of the lower back, pelvis and hips are too enslaved. In this case, we recommend this exercise.
1. Starting position: sitting on the floor with legs spread apart, tightly pressing your back and lower back against the wall (See picture).
2. Hold this position for 30 seconds, feeling the tension in your lower back decrease.
1. Starting position: sit on the floor with your legs apart, and lean with both hands on the floor behind you.
2. By adjusting the tilt of the torso with your hands, find a position in which tension will be felt and stay in this position for about 20 seconds (See figure).
It is important:
Do not perform the above groin and pelvis stretch until you have loosened up your muscles to feel comfortable in the above positions.
Stretching the lower back and thighs
This exercise, in addition to stretching the groin and pelvis, will also allow you to accentuate the load on the muscles of the back of the thighs and lower back.
1. Starting position: sitting on the floor, legs apart, feet looking up.
2. Slowly bend from the hip towards the foot until you feel a stretch (See picture). Stay in this position for about 15-20 seconds, then relax.
3. Repeat the tilt to the other foot.
It is important:
When leaning towards the foot, do not lower your head down, keep your chin straight, and look at your toes.
Do not round your back, tilt from the hip.
Don’t hold your breath, breathe deeply.
This exercise will further increase the stretch in the back of the thigh and back, from the shoulder blades to the hip joints, but at the same time it will require you to have good flexibility.
1. The starting position remains the same.
2. When tilting from the hip towards the foot, try to reach out and grab the foot with your hands. Hold the stretch in this position for 10-15 seconds.
3. Bend over to the other foot.
Stretching the groin and pelvis in a sitting position. Part 2
Author: Alexander Kuznetsov based on the book Stretching for Everyone by Bob and Jill Anderson
Article protected by copyright and related rights. When using and reprinting the material, an active link to the healthy lifestyle portal hnb.com.ua is required!