If you do not dare to increase the volume of your lips with the help of plastic surgery, but still dream of correcting the shape and making them visually larger, then you can safely resort to tricky methods, such as lip tattooing or competent makeup.
What it is?
Lip tattoo or permanent makeup is a neat tattoo that will help you correct the shape or visually slightly enlarge your lips. In addition, thanks to high-quality lip tattooing, your mouth will look brighter and more seductive. And by choosing a rich color, you will save yourself from using lipstick for a long time.
Lip tattoo procedure
First, the specialist will disinfect the place reserved for lip tattooing. After that, using microneedles, pigment particles are injected under the skin. Usually the line is drawn just above (below) the edge of the natural lip line. Such a pattern visually enlarges the colored part. Also, by introducing the pigment under the skin, the specialist can correct the shape of your lips.
In modern cosmetology, pigments based on natural substances are more often chosen for lip tattooing. Feel free to ask the master what tool he works with. Keep in mind that, unlike synthetic pigments, natural pigments do not cause allergic reactions, minimize swelling after the procedure, and also virtually eliminate the possibility of inflammation.
With high-quality lip tattooing, the result lasts up to 5 years. After the expiration of this period, a correction will be required.
Advantages of the method
Lip tattooing has a number of advantages. These include:
- Long-term result (up to 5 years)
- The possibility of correcting the shape of the lips (slight asymmetry)
- Relatively low price compared to alternative methods of lip augmentation
- Bright lip color allows you not to use decorative cosmetics for a long time
Also an important advantage of lip tattooing is the fact that this procedure does not require surgical intervention. It is performed under local anesthesia (if necessary). And puffiness after the procedure disappears after 3-7 days.
Disadvantages of lip tattooing
The main disadvantage of this method is that the lips increase only visually. In terms of volume and area, they remain the same size as they were before the procedure.
Other disadvantages of lip tattooing include:
- After drawing the picture, getting rid of it is quite difficult. Therefore, if the result does not suit you, then the only way to get everything back is to remove the tattoo, either by surgical methods or by injecting bleaching gel under the skin. Both procedures are very painful and do not guarantee a 100% result.
- Choosing a tattoo artist is quite difficult. After all, the end result completely depends on his qualifications, artistic taste and accuracy.
Despite the routine procedure, lip tattooing has a number of contraindications. The main ones are:
- Blood diseases (poor clotting)
- Severe forms of somatic diseases
- Any acute inflammation
- The presence of inflammation, dermatitis, wounds in the lips
- Pregnancy and premenstrual period
- The presence of allergic reactions to the components of the injected pigment (before the procedure, samples should be taken)
Before the procedure, even in the absence of the entire list of contraindications, you should contact your doctor for a preliminary consultation.
We also read:
Lip augmentation. Part 1. Plastic surgery
Lip augmentation. Part 2. Lip lipofilling
Lip augmentation. Part 3. Lip contouring
Lip augmentation. Part 5. Decorative cosmetics
Author: Natalia Kay
Article protected by copyright and related rights. When using and reprinting the material, an active link to the healthy lifestyle portal hnb.com.ua is required!