Lip augmentation. Part 3. Lip contouring
Lip contouring is a non-surgical method of modeling the shape and volume of the lips using a special gel.
With the help of the contouring procedure, you can relatively painlessly increase the volume of the lips, as well as give them the desired shape.
What it is?
More recently, lip contouring has been performed exclusively using synthetic gels. To date, this option is not even worth considering, since it has much more disadvantages than advantages. The body very often reacted negatively to a foreign substance, which was fraught with a lot of unpleasant consequences — gel migration, the formation of seals and the appearance of inflammation. All these problems had to be solved exclusively by surgery.
However, in modern cosmetology, gels based on hyaluronic acid (Restylane, Perlane and Surgiderm) have replaced synthetic ones. They are also called biogels. Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of human skin, and therefore does not cause allergic reactions, inflammation and rejection. That is why today the method of increasing the volume of the lips with the help of contour plastics is the safest and most popular.
Lip contouring procedure
This procedure is not difficult and is performed under local anesthesia. The specialist first disinfects the treatment site. Then, with the help of microneedles, the gel is injected into the lips. This is followed by a special massage, due to which the gel is accelerated, and the desired shape is given to the lips. After contouring, edema or swelling appears on the treated area. But it comes off in 10-14 days completely.
Thanks to the lip contouring procedure, you can achieve the following goals:
- Increase Volume
- Adjust shape
- Mark a contour line
- Correct lip asymmetry (both vertical and horizontal)
- Rejuvenating effect (fine wrinkles, folds from the surface of the lips go away)
The procedure should be repeated every 10-12 months to maintain the result. However, if after a shorter time after plastic surgery, you decide to add more volume to your lips, the procedure can be repeated without waiting for the end of this period, since the number of injections is not limited in time.
Advantages of the procedure
This method of lip correction is one of the most convenient and safe. Compared to alternative procedures for correcting the shape and volume of the lips, lip contouring has the following advantages:
- Even if the final result of the procedure seems unsatisfactory to you, you can ask a specialist to correct it at any moment. If the lips turned out to be too voluminous, you will be injected with a special enzyme that will neutralize the biogel. And if the result seemed insufficient to you, you can repeat the contouring procedure and inject a few more grams of gel.
- With regular (once a year) correction, the achieved result can be maintained indefinitely.
- The drug does not cause allergic reactions, rejection or inflammation. Also, due to the natural basis of the gel, you do not need to carry out additional tests for the reaction of the body before the procedure.
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and takes very little time.
Disadvantages of the procedure
The disadvantages of lip contouring can be attributed to two main factors:
- Relatively high price
- Relatively short-term result that requires regular correction
Despite the many advantages, this procedure also has a number of contraindications. The main ones include:
- Blood disorders (particularly poor clotting)
- Any inflammation, infectious diseases, fever
- Inflammation, dermatitis, wounds in the lips
- Pregnancy and lactation period
In any case, before deciding on the procedure, you should consult with your doctor.
We also read:
Lip augmentation. Part 1. Plastic surgery
Lip augmentation. Part 2. Lip lipofilling
Lip augmentation. Part 4. Lip tattoo
Lip augmentation. Part 5. Decorative cosmetics
Author: Natalia Kay
Article protected by copyright and related rights. When using and reprinting the material, an active link to the healthy lifestyle portal hnb.com.ua is required!